Tuesday, April 21, 2015

4/20/21...

Well, obviously I'm a day late on my post and I'm very sorry about that. I was distracted all day and before I realized it, it was past midnight and I had forgotten to make a post entry. Hopefully that won't happen again, but at least now I have a clear topic that I want to write about!
Yesterday was 4/20. To some, just another day. To others, the un-official weed holiday. There were movies on all day long honoring pot smoking, documentaries and news reports covering the topic. A reporter that was on TV yesterday was reporting from the High Times cup in Denver, Colorado that was taking place over the weekend leading into Monday. Pot everywhere. It was one of the coolest things to see that something like that is actually taking place here in the U.S. We have our own little Amsterdam, for lack of a better word. It baffles me to see how much money it is bringing into the state just from taxes alone. In one of the documentaries that I watched a family that moved into a small shop in Breckenridge, Colorado turned in a check to the city at the end of the month for over $120,000. The family was bringing in close to $50,000 a day in cash from sales. Yesterday was an insightful day, the documentaries that I watched really helped me realize how much money pot brings in and how many people smoke pot. I hope that throughout the years the holiday grows to be even bigger and hopefully legally celebrated throughout the entire country someday.
Best wishes. 
Sincerely, 
Jairo

No comments:

Post a Comment